Wednesday, November 5, 2008

An Ode to my friend Caffeine

My gorgeous wife has convinced me to refrain from the intake of Coffee (a Christian's legal drug of choice) for 3 weeks. I know it is out of love for me and out of a desire for my health (not that 3 weeks will make a difference I know) but I do miss my dear friend, already!

A mate of mine recently refrained from the black liquid gold for a month or so, really just to prove to himself that he was not controlled by this ‘drug.’ His time is up and I know he is all the happier for it, still haven’t checked in with him if he is now more certain that he is the ruler of his own life. I have sort of taken a page out of his book to show my body who is boss and I will let you know how well I do. I thought I would write a brief ode to this dear friend of mine (and millions of others) just to show that there are no hard feelings I guess (please note I am just being stupid here):

It was in the west that you first won my heart,
How deeply it aches whenever we’re apart.
My emotions, my mind lifted in the arc of your stride,
Yes, it seems my body you lift in a ‘mini-high.’
But you do not own me, this I assure,
You’re just a drink, a beverage and nothing more!
(Forgive me if I upset you dear friend, see you soon.)


Simon

No comments: