Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Leadership 101

It has been a little over 2 months that we have had the joy of leading this church here in Watford. I think as you step into a role like this if you are not completely aware of your need for God you are not seeing it as you should. There are an almost inestimable amount of situations that occur on a regular basis which demand more than is just stored in the grey organ within your skull.

The past 10 days have probably been a real testimony to me of that. Situations occur that I would never have imagined (certainly not any that I would have been prepared for in all my 'studies'). I have been called to interact with facilities managers as you seek to know a more central place in which you could worship in; a platform from which to be a greater impact to the city (we are called to do this, to love the city, to serve it, not just to huddle away). Strong discussion with fellow leaders as you move forward and start noting the strain that it puts upon leadership teams. Writing movie scripts for an Easter Sermon series. And then dealing with people from one family who can worship together under one roof, but are unable to even talk to one another when back outside the doors.

This is leadership 101! For me it is leadership raw. In these seasons one has to tap into, submit to the inner working of the Spirit of God who I know has infinitely more to offer than any wisdom of my own. As the scriptures say: "Not by might, not by power, but by my Spirit says the Lord."

Thank God our Father that He equips us for the task!

Simon

No comments: