Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Contentment Redefined

March 24th 2009 and my understanding of 'contentment' was redefined. I got the phone call at 12.56AM. They said don't rush, AS IF! I jumped in the car, gave a quick call to the Mother in Law to say, "It's on!" Got to the hospital at 1.12AM and there was more than enough evidence that things were going crazy- my wife's pain contorted face. Yip, my second little child was finally (my wife was already 12 days overdue, this little one loved it where it is all nice and warm and cosy) deciding upon making an appearance for mum and dad.

The next 3 hours (yes ladies who have had children, three hours, have a go at her not me) are, I believe, the biggest journey into understanding, or having a glimpse of, the sublime that contemporary humanity may still have. The delivery, and all that surrounds it, of a new born baby. It is an unbelievable experience.

I could not confine my joy when I realized that the glorious creator God had blessed me with a daughter. It was a huge surprise and a moment that will mark me for ever. I now have a beautiful baby boy and a stunning little girl and I just cannot come to grips with the contentment I feel.

Contentment, for me has been redefined.

Thank you Gracious King!

Simon

1 comment:

Chris Smyth said...

Congratulations buddy, thats great news!
Any thoughts on a name yet?
Chris