Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Appointment to Eldership

This past Sunday was a pretty special day for me. This was the day that so much of the journey thus far had been leading to I guess. Mine has been a life that has gone through much shaping not only in different ministries but in different corners of the world. I think I, like any young man, began to relentlessly pose the question of God, "Why am I waiting, what is all this preparation about?" In my own mind I guess I felt I was so ready to be a leader of a church or church planter far sooner than God did.

Well on Sunday evening I was appointed to Eldership and the leading of the church here in Watford, UK that God has brought us to. I was not sure what to expect. Friends were calling it my knighthood, my inauguration, you name it we were trying to capture somehow what it was going to be. What it was was biblical, what it was was meaningful, what it was was Spiritual, it was a truly special moment in my life. It was fantastic to be there while good, solid men of God with a mantle of leadership themselves speak of the calling of Eldership and charge you to live it out. It is brilliant when your church is given a vision of Biblical leadership, when they are called to respond to, delight in, and support your leadership as God anoints you to it.

I do feel there was a passing on of authority and that something certainly has taken place at a Spiritual level that has equipped me immensely to fulfill the role that God has called me to. People's prayers for me and my family were absolutely encouraging and I do have to thank God for His goodness in bringing me to this point. May it be the Genesis of startling things for me as an individual, us as a family and definitely us as a church.
Thanks to all who were there.

Simon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

2 Tim 2:15. Praying for you and parterning with you! Congrats and God bless mate.