Monday, September 29, 2008

Travels

Flying back to London today from Dallas, Texas. Have had a great time, but have to admit that I have missed the wife and little guy immensely. If I refer back to an earlier blog that I wrote with regards to how my wife has become my greatest friend I can now bring some thoughts to how that shift has influenced my feelings on this trip.

I have certainly missed her in a far more obvious way then I have in times before. It is not that I am totally incapacitated or anything like that. It is more like a strong, inward awareness that I am not meant to be alone. I am not meant to wake up alone and turn to the side and realize that my beautiful angel is not with me. This is has certainly influenced me emotionally.
One thing for certain is that my friends know that the family is missing. Even though I made all of my friends here before I met my wife, it is as if I am incomplete to them without her. There is so much to me then just being alone. Even though I was fully sufficient to them as a friend etc. when I was alone, now there is a certainty that with my family I am most who I am.

It is a wonderful transition. Not one that I expected to make, and certainly not one to make with the ease and settledness that I have. We have a new little one on the way, so I wonder what that she/he will add to us.
Can't wait to be get back to that family. Miss them immensely, just counting the hours now.

Simon

No comments: