Tuesday, September 16, 2008

First Day

Phew! So it is all out now, I can finally tell the world—The gorgeous Mrs., Malachi, and I are heading to Watford, UK to lead a church.
Yesterday (Sunday 14th Septmber) was our ‘Introduction Sunday’ and what a brilliant Sunday it was. Unity, excitement and vision seemed to rest over us like a comforting cloud of God’s grace.

Watford is a great place, and seems to be a place where God is doing some unique stuff among church leaders who want to come together and take the town for Christ. There are about 75000 people in the greater area, lots of young folks and a brief walk down the high street gives a glimpse of the life in the town.
Watched the Liverpool Manchester United game (Oh what a day!) in the Walkabout pub there and just soaked in every ounce of the atmosphere and had a couple of fantastic conversations with guys who seem to love the place. Feel a real favour here for what God has called us to.

It has been a journey I am not going to lie. One of many years for me I would say, but even the last 12 to 14 months have been real difficult (always so hard to transition and there is always a ‘bigger story’) but I think it is cause God is knocking edges off of us and equipping us with a far greater capacity to lead.
We know we are in the right place now and I think we just want to be blown away as God downloads vision, unites us with the two brilliant elders there (big up to Andy & Craig) and prepares us for a stunning future.

We’re exited and I want to blog here often so watch this space.
Added below what I shared at the church, take a look, let me know what you think.

Simon

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations mate! Praying for you guys and the church as you begin this incredible journey!

Anonymous said...

Go for it buddy ... take watford for Jesus!

Anonymous said...

God is gathering his army from all parts of the world.radical and on the move.....
Go for it general.
Joshua 1
Praying for you!