Wednesday, February 27, 2008

An all too Glorious Exchange

It seems repeatedly in past weeks I have been struck by an exchange all too marvellous to fully comprehend. Teaching two weeks ago and then on consecutive Sundays while preaching this exchange has beautifully reappeared to take the place in my heart and mind that it always should.
What exchange you may ask? Well it is this one:
An all sufficient, absolutely lovely, infinitely majestic, gloriously perfect Saviour who dwelt in the midst of the praise of myriads upon myriads of angels for eternity gave his iridescent righteousness to a rotten, self-centred, glory-hating, God-ignoring sinner like me while taking upon Himself my sinfulness that I may know all-together sweet fellowship with the Lord of all!
Read it, believe it, absorb it, cry out for it if you know you have not received it! For this, this exchange is too magnificent to comprehend yet certain for all whom, by faith, receive this Saviour, this one called Jesus. Again I am astounded.