Thursday, July 21, 2011

An Older Brother

Kind of post title you think is going to refer to the offended legalistic brother in the parable of the Prodigal Son in Luke 15 used as a platform to refer to someone like that in our fellowship isn't it? Well it's not actually, it's exactly the opposite idea.

I tell people that my theology - well my ecclesiology to be exact - changed somewhat once I actually got to leading a church. Before leading X1 I would have been the, "I only want the lost to join us, I don't want anyone that already has faith, only growth through salvation Lord," type. Not long into my leadership journey I began to pray earnestly for significant 'Kingdom Movers' to join us. Those whom God would move about within His kingdom to bless another area of what He is doing to advance His Kingdom.

3 months after our move into Vue Cinema an 'older brother' (someone matured, wise, and secure in the faith) and his wife visited us and 9 months later after significant prayer and a brilliant leaving of his church (tears, honor, love, blessing - o Gosh how few people leave a church like that!) they joined us.
Well it is hard to quite explain how much he is blessing this body of believers, blessing this Eldership in fact. We are transitioning to a far more effective, healthy system of administrative, structural existence and I am feeling certain that this will only aid our impact as a Holy Spirit people set on fulfilling our portion of the great commission!

Thanks Lord for an older brother! Bring more if you can, and bless other churches with men (and women) such as these.

Simon

No comments: