Tuesday, April 28, 2009

More from Job: A Man's Prime

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I am in the middle (well almost the end) of reading through the book of Job. What a treat, how glorious to immerse oneself in the interactions of these 'friends' and see your own thoughts summed up and expressed often.

On Sunday morning I read a verse in the 29th Chapter that struck with divine force. Basically it is a verse that gives the biblical mandate for what is man's prime! This is something that every male thinks on; it is also something that popular culture has a lot to say on that is drastically different from this biblical view. I'll share it shall I?

"Oh, for the days when I was in my prime, when God's intimate friendship blessed my house, when the almighty was still with me and my children were around me, when my path was drenched with cream and the rock poured out for me streams of olive oil."


WOW! I don't want to say much more, I just want to summarize:
* Intimate friend of God
* Home atmosphere is 'affected' by this
* Knows the presence of the Almighty
* A father, or a man who seeks to be a father figure
* Path is lavishly blessed with the goodness of God

Let's seek to be such men, pursuing our prime in every life stage.

SImon

No comments: