Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Back to Blogging

So, as you most likely would have guessed I have taken a totally unacceptable extended break from blogging of late. Multiple factors have contributed to this aside from the laziness of which you are rightfully accusing me.

Firstly, is the transition from two to three children - wow! Several people had informed us that this transition would make a significant impact to our lives and whoa were they spot on. It doesn't help in any way whatsoever that our 11 month old is as energetic, life-filled and active as the older two. Two kids were something we seemed to be able to handle individually as husband or wife quite well on our own but three seems to have pushed us over some organisational cliff-edge and we are still adapting 11 months in. Secondly, we've moved about three times in 12 months, not fun, unsettling and certainly quite demanding. Thirdly, is that I have been putting a HUGE number of reading hours into a Masters Degree in Theology, Philosophy and Literature at the University of Nottingham - more of the fruit of that to come I assure you. Finally, is the demands of leading a church all the while longing to be a faithful, time-giving husband and dad. That balance is an ongoing transition for me and some of the things I was able to incorporate early on I've not given the time I've wanted to in order to focus on my one and my three.

I hope to be back on now, and I hope to really get to putting stuff up here that will be a blessing, challenge, inspiration and insight to all that dare to give it the time.

Blessings
Simon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back.... We've been waiting!!