Monday, January 11, 2010

Guest Preacher

Had a superb morning yesterday at X1. So conscious of the presence and the power of God. That is a prayer of mine again and again, "Lord please encounter us with your power and your presence."
Part of the reason for that was cause we had a guest preacher who came in and shared God's marvelous truth with us. I don't know if I'm saying that we need to have more guest speakers cause I'm no good, maybe... but what I am saying is that his being with us was a symbolism of the unity of the body of Christ. He is of another - very traditional - group of churches but our hearts are knitted much on the essential components of reformed, biblical faith.

His name is Greg and he is the principal of a new leadership college here in Watford, UK called the Watford School of Leadership. He is all over transformational leadership, the person and gospel of Christ, seriously embraces the missional concept and is a gifted evangelist - like I said we had a great morning. The whole thrust of his charge to us was that Discipleship is Apprenticeship: That means OBEY, BE HOLY, & BE LIKE the one you are following - Jesus Christ. His passage was the first 11 verses of Luke 5.

One thing he asked us as a church to do was stand and pray in unity the 'Covenant Prayer' of John Wesley. This we did, and then re-entered a time of worship - it was wonderful.
Here's that prayer
I am no longer my own, but thine.
Put me to what thou wilt, rank me with whom thou wilt;
Put me to doing, put me to suffering.
Let me be employed by thee or laid aside for thee,
exalted for thee or brought low by thee.
Let me be full, let me be empty.
Let me have all things, let me have nothing.
I freely and heartily yield all things
to thy pleasure and disposal.
And now, O glorious and blessed God,
Father, Son and Holy Spirit,
thou art mine, and I am thine. So be it.
And the covenant which I have made on earth,
let it be ratified in heaven. Amen.


Willing to pray it?

SImon

No comments: