Thursday, June 4, 2009

Psalm 62

As if life wasn't enough to beat you up and get you up against the ropes at occasions, Christian ministry can add the final knock out punches at times. Life throws an assortment of things through us as we take its pre-set journey. I would not need to search too far to find some of those journeys riddled with pain and heartbreak at almost unbearable levels.
How Christian ministry adds to this is that you take the role of a servant, the role of a giver, one who loves and gives not necessarily ever receiving- this leads to extreme vulnerability! When the proverbial 'stuff' hits the fan within ministry it is over, above, and added to the pursuit of life with its bits and pieces.

It is in moments like these that the depth and beauty of some Scriptures are arresting in their affects, consoling and encouraging with amazing ability. Psalm 62 is such a Scripture and I will share just a few bits to encourage you:

1 My soul finds rest in God alone;
my salvation comes from him.
2 He alone is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress, I will never be shaken...

5 Find rest, O my soul, in God alone;
my hope comes from him.

6 He alone is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.

7 My salvation and my honor depend on God;
he is my mighty rock, my refuge.

8 Trust in him at all times, O people;
pour out your hearts to him,
for God is our refuge.
Selah


Bless you all
Simon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Simon,
God is so good and I believe He is using you as a powerful leader to lead His people from 'within' the church to a better place, to trust in Him and in Him alone. This my friend will then change us and thus help us to be who God wants us to be in the community of Watford - 'Serving Watford, Transforming Lives, and Shaping Culture'. Your task ahead is one that is going to be tough, but I know God has this perfect plan.
What you have just written here from Psalm 62 has lifted my spirits and speaks to me so directly, all I can add is 'Thank you Lord for you alone are my rock, the cornerstone of my life and the icing on the cake is that we have you everywhere - all around - omnipresent.