Monday, February 2, 2009

Showing 'The Word'

I was greatly encouraged last week by a member of our church who stated that something I had shared as part of my message on 'Absolute Truth' as a value for us really affected Him.
That is the secondary aim of preaching is it not? The first is obviously to Glorify God, but the second must be to move our hearers hearts in such a way so they pursue Christlikeness more wholeheartedly with deeper affection for Him.

My point was this:
"In pursuing this value (Absolute Truth- The Word of God), as we love this truth, live this truth, immerse ourselves in this truth, we will show a lost & dying world Jesus Christ."


What do I mean by this? Well if we are defined by the divinely inspired word of God in which we see Jesus most clearly then as we love The word we will show 'The Word'- Jesus.

Of course we read the bible to be encouraged, to be informed, to know truths that help us fight the lies of the culture and of the enemy, but our final aim in living in the word must be to so look and live like Jesus as we see Him in those pages of Scripture that we show 'The Word' to the world.

I want that. You?

Simon

No comments: